Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Horseshoe Lake



Horseshoe Lake is just 20 minutes out of Cranbrook and has free camping! We went out there yesterday and set up our tent for the summer. The campsites are very widely spaced with outhouses spaced between them. There is no water or garbage and the sites are not the gravel parking lot of Provincial Parks. This is what we've been looking for through all of our married camping experience - a place we can get to by car, doesn't cost anything, and isn't the parking lot style that makes me wonder, "why bother?"
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kassianni said...

so cool!
you're so brave to camp this way.
I can only camp where there are flushing toilets and hot showers, which kurt tells me, "is not real camping. :P

RW said...

Wide open spaces
Fresh air
Campfires.
wonderful

Donna Farley said...

I am so bummed that Fr. & I will be out of town when you guys are here! :-( Hope you have a good visit with the St. Hermanites while we are away!