Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Evening Conversation

I was tinkering in the kitchen this evening after dinner and overheard this conversation between the boys while they were quietly playing Lego in their room.
John: Do you love me Gabe? (He had to repeat the question at least three times before getting an answer.)
Gabe: Yup.
John: I love you. I love Lily too.
Gabe: a response that I don't remember. It wasn't till about here that I realized I should be writing this down!
John: We love all people too.
Gabe: Not everyone.
John: Well, God loves all the people. Tons of people.
Gabe: Yeah, all the people.
John: Tons and tons of people.
Gabe: God loves Himself.
It wasn't until halfway through the conversation that I stopped what I was doing and grabbed a pen. The kids say things all day long that I wish I could remember. And I didn't even get all of this one but you get the gist of it. I even managed to get a picture of them!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Nice... children have often a clearer understanding of God when children...